ARCHITECTURE: American Institute of Architecture Students.

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: dabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Allen Bell)
Subject: A.I.A.S.
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1993 05:47:47 GMT

Greetings.

Allow us to introduce ourselves.

We are the American Institute of Architecture Students (A.I.A.S.) at Cal
Poly San Luis Obispo. Our purpose is to establish and enhance
cooperation, friendship, and a spirit of unity in our College of
Architecture and Environmental Design. Through the use of this
networking system, we are hoping to expand our goals to the national and
international levels.

During the past year, we have created programs that broaden the
Architectural education of our student members. Some of these programs
include:
- Environmental Panel Discussion
- American Disabilities Act Lecture
- Computer Workshop (ArchiCAD and Zoom)
- Tours of local firms and projects
- Intern Development Program Lecture

We have opened an A.I.A.S. operated coffee shop, called "F-Stop." We
provide coffee, tea, cocoa, and cider to the students in the College of
Architecture and Environmental Design.

We would like to invite any Architecture students or student
organizations to participate in a dialogue within the E-mail network.
We can be reached at the following E-mail addresses:

resanche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and dabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We thank you for your time and consideration

The Board of Directors

Mike Cindy MaryEv
Rene Jen Karen
Cymbre Jim Bert