SCULPTURE AND ARCHITECTURE

Please allow me to clarify my previous statement. In my experience,
when those unfamiliar with Wright hear "organic" they tend to think of the
biomorphic architecture of people such as the Dean brothers (who also did
the paintings for the album covers of the rock group "Yes". Turning a house
into an organic sculpture does not give it the functionality of an organic
unit.) They are using a different definition. I did not mean to say that Wright
did not relate his work to nature, but that his relation was one based on
functionality much more than form. Moshe Safdie argues this, I believe, in
his book "Form and Purpose".
Just so, by changing the definition of architecture, landscape and
buildings and computers can all be found to be related.
I apologise for any misunderstanding due to a lack of explination.

Mike Schuler
Kansas State University
College of Architecture and Design
OBERON@xxxxxxxxxxxxx