Re: ART - Call for Participation?

This is forwarded from FineArt Forum

>From jeremias@xxxxxxx Tue Mar 2 16:12:36 1993
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 93 17:12:21
From: jeremias@xxxxxxx (Jeremy Grainger)
To: brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fine Art Forum listing

Hi: Could you put this in the next FAF? Edit if you like, but please preserve
addresses and my e-mail address. Thanks! Let me know if you need something more
or?
Thanks,
Jeremy Grainger
--------
A CALL TO ARTISTS
Resist, a foundation celebrating 25 years of funding grassroots social change,
is sponsoring an art event in Fall 1993.

AN ACT OF RESISTANCE: MAKING COMMUNITY(IES)

We invite artists to submit work in any media that addresses the relationship/s
between

RESISTANCE ACTION
_to being_ _for community_
disenfranchised expression
impoverished identity
marginalized meaning
stereotyped reinterpretation
colonized transformation
exiled liberation
silenced vision
disappeared survival
and
advocating cross-community understanding/s

Open to artists working in any media and living or working in the New England
area only. Materials for curatorial consideration must be postmarked by May 7,
1993.

New work or existing work will be considered. Please send: Samples of work,
documentation, and/or other supporting materials. No more than 5-10 slides; for
film or video, a VHS video cassette cued to no more than ten minute sample; 5 to
10 photographs, work prints only; an audiocassette cued to no more than a ten
minute sample; and/or brief description of performance art or other forms of
work. You must provide postage and packaging for return. Send to Arts Resist
address below.

***There will be an international MAIL ART and FAX ART component to the show
OPEN TO EVERYONE. Mail art: No returns; documentation to all. Send mail art only
to: P. O. Box 1136, Kendall Square., Cambridge MA 02142 USA.
Mail art deadline late September '93. Fax art: During the show only -- number
TBA.Send a S.A.S.E. or two international postal reply coupons for more mail and
fax details.***

Resist began in 1967 with a "Call to Resist Illegitimate Authority, " issued in
support of resistance and in opposition to the Vietnam war. As the war
continued, Resist expanded its work to solicit and distribute funds for the
growing anti-war movement. But being against the war meant for vastly different
domestic policies as well, and the work diversified. Now Resist funds grassroots
projects that work for peace and social justice, gay and lesbian liberation,
reproductive rights, AIDS/health/disability activism, refugee rights, solidarity
with popular movements around the world, indigenous peoples' cultural survival,
land rights, environmental health, labor support, economic change,
artistic/cultural work and much more. Help celebrate our 25 years of resistance
and inspire ongoing work for real social justice and liberation.

Arts Resist
One Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02143

please circulate & post