ARCHITECTURE: Interior Design Study Where?

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: st890937@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: help!
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (USENET News System)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1993 00:36:04 GMT

Hiya- I wonder if anyone out there could give me some advice? I'll be
gradutaing from college this year (with a degree in history and art history)
and will be taking a year off before grad school. Ultimately, I want to
create non-residentil interiors. My problem is- do I go to school of
architecture or interior design? I want to stay in the Northeast, preferably
Boston (New York is ok) and I'm not sure what's right for an enthusiastic,
non-engineering type like myself. I've heard the MIT architecture program
is good- you can get through without engineering and the curriculum is geared
towards the human side of architecture. Is this true? I refuse to go the the
BAC because I've heard dreadful things about it from architect friends/former
teachers there. Plus, if you've ever seen it, the building is just awful.
What about FIT in NY for interior design? Also, any other advice or words
for a not-yet-even-novice would be greatly appreciated. At a liberal arts
school such as mine, they have no books or experts on this sort of thing.
All the info I've gotten so far has been word of mouth. Another qustion- I've
written a paper on the Bauhaus that my professor thinks is worthy of
publication. How do I go about this? THANK YOU! in advance, for any do's,
don't's, encouragements or warnings I get from you.
Elizabeth st890937@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx