Rectangles

There seems to be some sort of silly anti-rectangle movement afoot. Maybe,
its a reaction to the abundance perverse interpretations of Modernism that have
proliferated our cities. Buyt, it is absurd to to think that these monstrosities
have anything to do with the work of Tatlin, Chernikov, Rietveld, van der Rohe,
Corbusier, Neutra, or any of the profoundly creative Modern architects.

If the "modernists" are to blame for urban blight, than the "organic" architects
,
especially Wright, are to blame for the horrors of suburban sprawl and the
waste and pollution that it has produced.

I have a simple question for the "organic" anti-rectangle crowd. What do you
do with the scrap? Your cute shapes produce a lot of waste! Rectangles are extre
mely
efficient. That's why paper is rectangular. Notice that the A-sizes are the gold
en
section! Its not because its "beautiful". Its because there is no scrap!

If you care about the environment as much as you claim, you need to develop an
environmental responsible architecture and quit sprawling all over it, piling up
heaps of scrap.

- ray