ART: Scandinavian. Query. [Reply to sender. Not me. cc: design-l]

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 24-MAR-1993
17:19:24.08
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: Scandinavian Art: The Problem

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1993 11:32:26 CST
From: Graeme Forbes <PL0BALF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Scandinavian Art: The Problem
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this question, but here
goes anyway.

In the mid or late 80s I attended an exhibition of Scandinavian art
at the Hayward. It included a painting called "The Problem" and I made
a mental note at the time that if I ever wrote a logic textbook, that was
the painting I wanted reproduced on the cover.

Unfortunately, I *only* made a mental note. I have now written a logic
textbook, which OUP is publishing next year, but have forgotten relevant
details for tracing the painting: name of painter, lending museum, etc.

If anyone out there can help me, I'd be extremely grateful.

Graeme Forbes