Re: POLITICS AND POSTMODERNISM

...more on Postmodernism...

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.artcom
From: mikeh@xxxxxxxxx (Mike Huber)
Subject: Re: POLITICS AND POSTMODERNISM
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1993 19:05:41 GMT

gheimdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Georg Heimdal) writes:
[<Deleted for brevity... ]
:
: Is it merely curious that both ends of the twentieth century are characterized
: by multicultural/multimedia visual art AND political/social turmoil in Russia?
: How many more curious coincidences are there throughout history? Is this
: already a thoroughly explored topic that I've been unaware of?

Social and political turmoil and new combinations and directions in art
almost always tie together. Look at the conecction between Leonardo
Da Vinci and Nicollo Machiavelli. (Or do I miss the point of the question?)

<<< Mike Huber >>>