ART: Art Institute of Chicago.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 7-APR-1993
19:37:09.01
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: AIC again & this is it.

Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1993 17:50:00 CDT
From: Michelle Hankins <[email protected]>
Subject: AIC again & this is it.
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Admission to SAIC's grad program is exceedingly competitive from
what I understand. I, too, may apply after my year or so off from
the bliss of academia. Printmaking--most competitive; Painting &
Drawing--less so; Photo--about same as painting and I'm sorry, but
I don't know about other media. The Art Institute (with the, in my
opinion, fascist admin) is NOT, of course, the School. There's a
very sharp division. The grad program is good and I've heard good
things about it, too. Just don't think you'll be getting much from
the museum other than free entrance with an ID card. michelle