ART: NY Academy of Art.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 8-APR-1993
14:34:00.82
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: RE: New York Academy

Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1993 13:16:58 -0400
From: Michael Cammer <cammer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: New York Academy
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Thu, 8 Apr 1993 [email protected] wrote:

> No, but I would like to hear the info also.
> michael

The Academy is located somewhere in the Upper East Side off Fifth Avenue.
My memories of walking past it are of a sandstone facade that conforms
with the older buildings in the neighborhood.

The program is strictly figurative and representational, as in the French
Academy rebelled against by the Impressionists. A friend from college who
studied there a few years ago said that he drew from t he figure nonstop
all day.