ART: Ceramics Job.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Ceramic Arts Discussion List" 8-APR-1993
22:48:02.22
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: job: sculpt clay

Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1993 22:29:50 EDT
From: Linda Arbuckle <ARBUCK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: job: sculpt clay
Sender: Ceramic Arts Discussion List <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

From University of FL faculty in ceramics, Nan Smith and Linda Arbuckle

Nan Smith will be on sabbatical Spring semester, 1994, and we are looking for
a one-semester sabbatical replacement in ceramics. We would like someone
working sculpturally in clay, and are asking for people interested in this
to send slides and a resume within the next month for consideration.

We would also like to ask whether people submitting slides are willing to
include permission for the UF Visual Resources Library to copy these slides
for our library before returning.

The area has a large electric car kiln, over a dozen electric kiln, Alpine
and Unique updrafts, 2 wood kilns, a gas car kiln, clay mixing, glaze room,
plaster area. There will be 7 grad students and about a dozen undergrad
majors, as well as elective classes.

Spring in Gainesville usually begins w/azaleas in February. (Camellias bloom
during winter and into spring). We are 1 1/2 hours from either the Gulf or
the ocean, on I-75 in North Central Florida. Gainesville is a pleasant
small city that attracts people to the university or several major medical
centers. UF is about 35,000 students.

Send slides to: Nan Smith & Linda Arbuckle
UF Dept. of Art
302 FAC
Gainesville, FL 32611
(904) 392-0228