GENERAL: Quantitative Morphology List.

From: IN%"dean2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" 10-APR-1993 20:44:13.72
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Multiple recipients of list NEW-LIST"
CC:
Subj: NEW: QMList - Quantitative Morphology List

Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1993 19:35:37 CDT
From: Dean Pentcheff 777-8998 <dean2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: NEW: QMList - Quantitative Morphology List
Sender: NEW-LIST - New List Announcements <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list NEW-LIST <[email protected]>

QMList on listserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Quantitative Morphology List

This is a new, open, unmoderated mailing list to support researchers
and clinicians in the field of quantitative morphology. This can
include (but is not limited to): queries for help with technical or
professional problems; pointers to interesting recent publications;
summaries and abstracts of your own recent work; news of upcoming
meetings; news about job openings or other professional opportunities;
and news about granting agencies or programs.

We would like to encourage a broad interpretation of "quantitative
morphology". We encourage interaction between people working in two- or
three-dimensional quantitative analysis of both organic and inorganic
structures. Relevant methods include, but are not limited to: serial
reconstruction, stereology, geometric modeling, computer graphics,
geometric probability, mathematical morphology, pattern analysis, etc.
We encourage people from (at least) the following fields to
participate: anatomy, biophysics, botany, cell biology, computer
vision, forestry, geology, materials sciences, microbiology, pathology,
radiology, and zoology.

Archives
--------
Archives of the QMList group are stored on the server machine. To get
a list of all QMList-related files, send the following command in the
body of an email message to listserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
index qmlist -all

The archives can be searched by the listserver software. For
instructions on searching, send the following command to
listserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
help search

Subscribing to the list
sub qmlist YourFirstName YourLastName

For example: sub qmlist Jan Morphologist

This list is supported by the Unix Listserver software written by
A.C. Kotsikonas. It is similar (but not identical) to the standard
BITNET Listserv software. For information on the Unix Listserver
software, send an email message to listserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
The body of the message should consist of the following two lines:
help
help listserver

List owner/administrator
QMList is administered by Dean Pentcheff. His email address is:
dean2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He can also be contacted at:
Dean Pentcheff
Department of Biology, University of South Carolina, Columbia SC 29208
Telephone: 803-777-8998