GENERAL: Dome Software.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster
Fuller's works" 14-APR-1993 12:00:22.41
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: RE: Dome software

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1993 11:50:34 -0400
From: Francois Dion <dionf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Dome software
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Beyond the ultraworld of Gordon C. Muth III:

> i don't know of any software, but i would be willing to write
> something in fortran (the only lang. i know currently) if someone
> would provide me with the formulae. i am using vax fortran but
> could write it to compile with any fortran77 compiler.

C would be more portable... I have yet to see somebody use fortran on an IBM
pc or Macintosh (but then i'm one of the lucky who has never seen a line of
cobol and has always programmed in C in workplaces...)

What kind of input and output the program should have? I mean is it a graphic
rendition or simply to give a height and a diameter and a edge lenth and
the program will calculate angles? Whatever the needs, it seem pretty trivial.

Ciao,
--
Francois Dion
' _ _ _