ART: Interactive Media.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 21-APR-1993
13:42:38.63
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj:

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1993 11:00:59 +0000
From: Ivan Pope <iap@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Towards the Aesthetics of the future
HEDGEHOGS AND MEGABYTES: NEW DIRECTIONS IN THE INTERACTIVE MEDIA

25th - 25th April 1993
Institute of Contemporary Arts, The Mall, London SW1 UK

Interactive media and the new digital technologies are totally transforming
the communications world. Our visual surroundings, our ways of receiving
and storing information, our leisure activities, our moving image culture
and the nature of artistic creativity: all are undergoing radical change as
the new technologies develop.
This ICA two-day event continues the series Towards the Aesthetics of the
Future. With discussions and presentations of interactive projects, plus
hands-on opportunities, ranging from Sonic the Hedgehog to interactive
sculpture to virtual nightclubs. The event is designed to appeal both to
those with a lay interest in developments in the new technologies, and to
those looking for a wider debate about their impact on contemporary society
and culture.

24 April

10.30
Max Whitby presents - The new medium crawls out of the swamp

14.30
Out with the old media, in with the new

25 April

10.30
New tools for a new art

14.30
Dry sex, smart drugs and cyberpunk: is there a future after Super Mario?

24 & 25 April
Interactive Mediatheque
An opportunity to try out new interactive products.

*********** Ivan Pope
JANET: iap@xxxxxxxxxx ********* Goldsmiths' College
OTHERS: iap@xxxxxxxxxx ******* Computing Service
***** New Cross