ART: TELAESTHESIA. FAX Art Request.

From: IN%"artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" 23-APR-1993 06:38:59.84
To: IN%"[email protected]", IN%"artist-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
IN%"artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx", IN%"cylinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
IN%"isast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
CC:
Subj: TELAESTHESIA CALL

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 93 11:27:13 +0100
From: Keith I De Mendonca <keithdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: TELAESTHESIA CALL
Sender: artnet-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: [email protected], artist-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
cylinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, isast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Via: UK.AC.MAILBASE; 23 APR 93 11:31:33 BST

TELAESTHESIA
------------

A FAX Art Installation. 15th April-31st May 1993.

FAX: (0273) 818352 (Great Britain)
FAX: +44 273 818352 (rest of world)

FAXes accepted 15th April-31st May,
24 hours a day.

Details:

This is an international call for FAX ART: the (techno)logical
succesor to mail art. In this Xhibition YOU can control both the
environment AND the contents of this show, remotely, with your FAX
machine. The Xhibition will take place in Brighton's prestigous Marina
complex throughout May and will be open to the public 7 days a week.

For this Xhibition we request two forms of submission:

1].... FAX us your wallpaper! Design a vertically-repeating pattern on
a sheet of paper and FAX it to the gallery. When we receive the pattern
we will make several copies of the design on coloured paper, attach them
together and then 'hang' your wallpaper on the gallery walls in strips.
We would also be pleased to receive other 'ornaments' for our walls:
send us pictures of wall-clocks, decorative plates, flying ducks or
whatever else you would expect to find on the wall of a telaesthetic
living room. Control the environment inside the gallery with your
contributions.

2].... Alternatively, FAX to us your visual interpretations of the five
human senses: touch, taste, smell, sound and sight. Voyage beyond the
sixth sense and send back a FAX snapshot to us of what you discover
there. All contributions received will be displayed in our 'newly
decorated' gallery. In return, our gallery visitors will be invited to
touch, taste, smell, hear and look at the artwork that we receive.
Transmit your raw emotions to us: we will serve them to the public.

-o0o-

We can accept FAXed artwork from 15th April-31st May, 24 hours a day, 7
days a week. We possess a state-of-the-art XEROX 7140 Laser
facsimile machine; we invite you to test the suberb printing quality of
this machine to its limits with your artwork!

The Xhibition will run from the 1st-31st May, 1993 and will be open to
the public 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Guest artists and visitors
will be invited to alter, modify and manipulate the artwork with an
on-site photocopier.

-o0o-

"TELAESTHESIA" is presented as part of the Brighton International Arts
Festival: England's largest arts festival. The gallery site will also
be host to live performances and a huge quantity of sculptures,
photographs, prints, paintings and installations by British artists. We
anticipate that thousands of visitors will come to the exhibition site
during May.

REMEMBER to FAX a cover sheet containing your name and address, with
your artwork, if you wish to receive documentation about this project
through the post.

Please distribute this message freely. Thank You

Message Ends.

-o0o-