ART: Abstraction.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 23-APR-1993
11:39:27.03
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: RE: Re: abstract

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1993 10:24:00 CDT
From: Michelle Hankins <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Re: abstract
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Freud may have been "early", but I think Freud had a hell of a lot
to do with abstraction in art. Without Freud, you wouldn't have
Surrealism. Without Surrealism, you wouldn't have Abstract
Expressionism, among others.
I agree WWI had a lot to do with this idea of internal terror, which
caused artists to turn inward. Michelle
Ben--sorry for the immediate reaction on the photo thing. It's just
that I argue this issue A LOT with my peers here.