degree equivalents

I have a student who plans to attend graduate school in the UK in painting.
She has asked me if a Masters Degree from a UK school, in this case the
Goldsmith College (of U of London?), is the equivalent of an MFA from a
US university. How would this affect terminal degree status in the event
she ever applies for a teaching position in a US school. I don't have a clue
but agreed to post the question to this list in hopes someone out there can
Thanks in advance
Bob Chance
Furman University
[email protected]
Partial thread listing: