ARCHITECTURE: Dome Query.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster
Fuller's works" 20-MAY-1993 14:01:50.97
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC"
CC:
Subj: 14'half dome

Date: Thu, 20 May 1993 13:52:55 EDT
From: Brewer Eddy <BREWER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 14'half dome
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC <[email protected]>

I know this is basic, but... I would very much appreciate some help.
I want to put up a shed. I'm thinking of a 4'riser wall with a 1/2
dome on top, 14' diameter, icosa generated, vertex zenith, 3 fr.,
using plyhubs. Chord factor A = 4.326 (4' 4"); chord factor B = 3.825
(3'10"). But I have questions... (Done a model in oak tag!)
Has anyone already done this? Could you confirm some numbers (like
A and B above...)?
Is this the largest dome that allows 2 panels (one whole, the other
in two halves) to be cut from a 4'x8' sheet?
Anyone has a materials list?
I'v done some carpentry and assembled models and a 18' 3/8 dome
from panels made by others. I am apprehensive since I believe that I
should be surer of numbers before I order materials and start up a
circular saw... These are complicated enough structures to allow a
real mess up... But they are so-o wonderful.
Any and all help will be gratefully accepted. And thanks.
Brewer Eddy aka dbeddy@xxxxxxxxxxx