GENERAL: Industrial Design Textbook Query.t

From: IN%"IDFORUM%YORKVM1.BITNET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" "Industrial Design Forum"
31-MAY-1993 00:16:57.18
To: IN%"IDFORUM%YORKVM1.BITNET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" "Multiple recipients of list
IDFORUM"
CC:
Subj: industrial design text book

Date: Mon, 31 May 1993 15:52:00 +1200
From: "D.E. Morgan" <D.E.Morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: industrial design text book
Sender: Industrial Design Forum <IDFORUM%YORKVM1.BITNET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Multiple recipients of list IDFORUM <IDFORUM%YORKVM1.BITNET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

TEXT BOOK on INDUSTRIAL DESIGN --- request for help

For many years I have used the English translation of Eskild Tjalve's
'A Short Course in Industrial Design' for our first design class.
The book has been out of print now for several years and its examples
are now somewhat dated, but the philosophy and design methodology fits
very well with our requirements. I have searched for a replacement
text book with no satisfaction. Can anybody offer help and suggest a
few titles/authors for me to investigate.

We use this course as an introduction to Engineering Design, to look
at the overall design from defining function, through form development,
to manufacturing methods etc. All this at an early stage in the
students course before we get on to the nuts and bolts design.

Thank you
--
| DAVID MORGAN , Senior Lecturer | EMail: D.E.Morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Department of Production Technology | Phone: +64 6 3569099 x5278 |