GENERAL: [Clay] Materials Database.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Ceramic Arts Discussion List" 4-JUN-1993
01:13:53.90
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Multiple recipients of list CLAYART"
CC:
Subj: RE: Materials Database on the Gopher

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1993 21:45:34 PDT
From: burkett r <rburkett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Materials Database on the Gopher
Sender: Ceramic Arts Discussion List <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list CLAYART <[email protected]>

To All,

There is now a material database on the Ceramics Gopher. It's somewhat
of an initial effort and subject to change and improvement. It
is admittedly of little usefulness to the more industrially-oriented
members of clayArt, but should be a helpful resource for educational
use. Please send any suggestions you might have.

This first material databse is sort of a quick and dirty version, offering
just the molecular weight, analysis and percentage analysis of a
variety of materials. There are quite a few materials (especially
regionally available clays and feldspars) on there,
some of which are no longer available, if you're trying to
recalculate older or local recipes, etc.

I would welcome any offers of assistance to obtain more up-to-date
analyses for currently available materials.

Let me know what you think about this and its usefulness,

Richard

Richard Burkett
Assistant Professor of Art
Art Department, San Diego State University
San Diego, CA 92182
E-mail: rburkett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Phone: 619-594-6201
[email protected]