Artist's Opening Reception 6/4/93

- - The original note follows - -

From: rgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richard Gardner)
Newsgroups: alt.artcom,ne.seminars
Subject: Artist's Opening Reception 6/4/93
Date: 1 Jun 1993 07:31:16 GMT

Fred Faillace, long a Boston/Brookline resident and painter, and
and an old pal of mine, will be exhibiting some of his paintings
at the Stebbins Gallery, 0 Church Street, Harvard Square, in Cam
bridge, Massachusetts, all during the month of June, 1993. There
will be an opening reception, Friday, June 4, 1993, 6-8pm.

Fred's paintings come in a variety of sizes. There are big ones.
There are small ones. They are all beautiful. They are abstract
yet organic. They are random yet ordered. They are mathematical
yet life-like. Fred wrinkles his nose whenever I mention the
mathematical qualities of his work. But he is a covert and
artistic mathematician, nevertheless. There are forms, colors,
and qualities in his work that will make you think of natural
phenomenon as well as human made structures. There are times when
a look can cause you to think one thing, then in a blink of your
brain, quite another.
--
Richard Gardner Ask me about "VARIOUS..."