GENERAL: Gopher Archive of Design-L

So sad to be down to 147 on the list. Guess I better participate as well
as listen. The last few months or so I have been saving postings in mail
format in my Gopher Magazine _Output_ here at the University of Texas at
Austin. It is basically from the Design School in the Department of Art but
I pretty much manage it so it reflects my tastes rather than a by group or
committee kinda thing.

It is rather loose too and stucturally everchanging. In my interests there
are so many things that crossover boundries. I love the gopher interface
and the design or stucture of Output is purly experimental and in
perpeptual evolution. It began as a project and has grown. In fact until
there is more disk space available it will be limited. Initially, I had
hoped to have a graphics base of student work. It has grown to much less
and much more.

If you are familiar with gopher, Output Magazine is available under
the University of Texas at Austin Main gopher under UT Info and then
under Output Magazine. Design-L is under Mailing Lists. If you do not
know gopher then ask your consultant and they can guide you.

Design suggestions and info is always appreciated as are links to other
related info. This list is saved there at least once a week. There are
many other things of interest as well as an attempt at tutorials to the
novice. I do my best to keep it up so you may run into a lost space
every now and then.

Enjoy,

Jay Ashcraft

The links to this space are:

Name=Output Magazine -- UT Austin Edition
Type=1
Port=3003
Path=/pub/output
Host=ftp.cc.utexas.edu

Name=Mailing_Lists
Type=1
Port=3003
Path=1/pub/output/Mailing_Lists
Host=bongo.cc.utexas.edu

Name=Design-L Mailing List
Type=1
Port=3003
Path=m/pub/output/Mailing_Lists/design-l
Host=bongo.cc.utexas.edu

An brief example of what it looks like is:

Internet Gopher Information Client v1.11
Output Magazine -- UT Austin Edition

1. University of Minnesota Gopher/
2. Output README file.
3. BBS's via Internet (still has bugs)/
4. Art Area Files/
5. Austin Public Net /
6. Council for Public Media/
7. Electronic Frontier Foundation/
8. Inter Relay Chat (IRC) Info/
9. Mailing_Lists/
10. Misc_Reference- Links to Many Databases/
11. Multi-User Dimension (MUD)/
12. OUTPUT --> Graphic Design Area - Files and Resources/
13. Peacenet /
14. Usenet Newsgroups from MSU/
15. Veronica (search menu items in most of GopherSpace) /
16. Video/
17. Virtual Reality Space/
18. What's Internet and FTP? What's Design about it?/

Next level: Mailing_Lists

1. Virtual Reality Stuff/
2. Activism Mailing List (ACTIV-L)/
3. ArtCrit-L Mailing List/
4. Biosphere Mailing List (BIOSPH-L)/
5. ConnectAustin.txt.
6. Conservation Biology (CONSBIO)/
7. Council for Public Media List Archive/
8. Design-L Mailing List/ **********************************<<<<<<<<<<
9. Distribution Mailing Lists from Norway/
10. Ecological Society of America (ECOLOG-L)/
11. Freedom of Speech and of the Press/
12. Graphix Mailing List/
13. High Performance Computing news updates/
14. KTSB/
15. Leonardo 3.5 Journal/
16. List of all LISTSERV lists known to BITNIC.BITNET on 14 Apr 93/
17. Mailing Lists from cni.org/
18. Media-L Mailing List thru 6-3?.

Continued next page: Mailing_Lists

19. New Mailing Lists revealed in NEW-LIST Postings/
20. Perform-L Mailing List on Performance as it Art, etc./
21. TSTV/
22. Talk Radio Local UT-Austin/
23. Talk Radio Stuff/
24. Vidpro-L Mailing List as in Video Production/
25. clipper-l.dir/
26. com-priv Commercialization and Privatization of the Internet/
27. holocaust/
28. perform-l.archive.561K.
29. stuxch-l/