Re: Practicing Arts Program at Berkeley---Saved For Now!

Yes I realize that in those specific words "engineering" and "architectu
ral" that there is a major difference. However, correct me if I am
wrong, I feel that designing whether mechanical or architectural is
based on the creative mind and similiar. I admit designing a building
and designing a lawn mower are two different areas, but the amount of
thought and construction of either or are related. That is what I
mean as far as going into mechanical design.
Let me clarify that, I have been exposed to the production and
creation of a mechanical device and through my 3 years of architecture
school I realized that the principals and basics were relate and similar.
Granted that engineering in alot of ways is more involved at some levels.
I like Architecture and its history. I enjoyed developing models and
ideas and believe I was good at it. I was in the 5 year program and
had a goal of completing it and going on to the real world.
However, I allowed my self to fall in the trap of following my
teachers every word and not defending my work as well as I should have.
Not that he would of listened (which was the problem). I got an over
load of work and couldn't catch up so I took a break. Now, enjoying
my time I couldn't jump back into the work. That made me think do I
really want this or should I use what I learned and apply it esle
where. I did consider going for a Masters in Arch. or getting my
4 year degree and appling else where to finish the 5 year depending
on what is excepted. mechanical engineering looked like a path I
might enjoy pursueing. I enjoy designin and inventing.
I'll stop there for now.