Re: Frank Lloyd Wright?

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright?
From: dmittleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Daniel Mittleman)
Date: 28 Aug 1993 21:34:36 GMT

In article <25ljon$7qq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ken Gianino <gianino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes...
>This is my first posting on this group, so I hope I'm in the right place.
>
>I've recently become interested in the residential designs of Frank Lloyd
>Wright from the late 30's to early 50's (his "Usonian" homes). While
>I've found literally shelves of books about F.Ll.W. (and they are very
>interesting), I can't quite determine if his "organic" style of
>architecture has survived intact or evolved into anything still unique.
>I've read that after his death (1959), his students formed the Taliesin
>Associated Architects and completed many of his projects. The newest
>information I've found on them is 27 years old, and I wonder if they are
>still in existence. Are there any Frank Lloyd Wright educated architects
>still practicing?

Contact the architects at Taliesin in Wisconson or Taliesin West in
Scottsdale, Arizona. These were Wright's studios and they still exist
and function. They (at least the one in Arizona that I've been to)
will have Wright experts there and will have an extensive list of
publications available.

There are many Wright educated architects still practicing and this is
probably the best way to locate them.

danny