Re: solid modelling in architecture

- - The original note follows - -

Date: Thursday, 2 Sep 1993 20:01:17 EDT
From: <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: solid modelling in architecture

In article <1993Sep1.205304.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
dcgrider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says:
>- My experience has been that much of the resistance to using the computer
>as a design tool is from people very steeped in the traditional skills; much
>like painters at the rise of photography, or studio guitarists with the advent
>of the digital sampler. People still paint and play guitar; the new stuff just
>added to the discourse.

I agree. I believe that a computer can never truely replace a
pen or the pencil or even design. But it is an important tool
for architect to use. Drawing with a computer probably takes
more time to do the drawings but you save time in revision
drawings. A client said he wants to put in an extra 2000 sq.
ft. You don't have to redraw everything.
-------
JONATHAN THAM
BITNET: [email protected]
INTERNET: JOTCC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx