Re: Girlfriend: books on architecture

- - The original note follows - -

From: dunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Malcolm E Dunn)
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: Girlfriend: books on architecture
Date: 7 Sep 1993 14:38:22 GMT

Jun'ichiro Tanizaki "In Praise of Shadows"
John Jerome "Stone Work"
Italo Calvino "Invisible Cities"

These books may not be strictly "humourous" but they are enjoyable and
they describe or use in different ways architecture and how it may be
achieved. Of course there are many more books and many other
favourites. I hesitate to recommend Tom Wolfe "From Bauhaus to Our House".
It is quite funny but it might also put your girlfriend off architecture.
I have also read and found quite hilarious a book which was illustrated by
Louis Hellman. It is a concise history of architecture but I can't
remember the name. Perhaps somebody else on the net knows and would post
it here.

Malcolm