Re: More Raytraced Images..

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Stephen Peter)
Subject: Re: More Raytraced Images..
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1993 22:16:32 GMT

In article gg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, crones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Simon Crone)
writes:
>I have just finished looking at Nathan O'Brien's raytraced
>images of Palladios Il Redentore church, from UNWS.
^^^^
that's UNSW ;-)

>A very impressive model!
>While I was connected to cad0.arch.unsw.edu.au I also had
>a look at some of the other images that students have been
>doing. Not bad! ( for POV! :-)
^^^^
actually the images were done using Rayshade ;-)
the directory is /pub/rayshade/images ....

>Here at the School of Arcitecture at Curtin University,
>students are also heavily involved with raytracing and
>radiosity. If anyone is interested I have placed some
>of my projects ( using Greg Wards Radiance package R2.1 )
>in our anonymous ftp site.
> ftp.cs.curtin.edu.au:/pub/raytrace/raytrace/radiance
>Examples of raytraced images can be found in the directory
> /pub/raytrace/raytrace/pics/tiff

I had a look at these pics, and they are very nice; how about posting
a few to alt.binaries.pictures.misc?

"gallery_stars.ras", in particular, is great.
It's a pity they are only 256 colour images.

>The raytracer we use here is our own, developed by the
>School of Computing Science and is very powerfull.
>( Quick Plug! ).

Is it freely available?
Does it include a modeller?
Please give us some details!

>I am very interested in looking at other peoples / Schools
>/ Companies computer generated architecural images.
>I would be willing to keep a list of such sites
>and directories.

I second that.
If you have some pictures post them!
I'll be posting more of nathan's work soon
(and possibly some of my other student's work as well).

cheers
Stephen.
---
_--_|\ S.Peter@xxxxxxxxxxx
/ \ Stephen Peter or steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
v School of Architecture, University of New South Wales, Australia
Phone +61 2 6974816 Fax +61 2 6621378 Messages +61 2 6974799