Re: The Failure of Modern Architects

Wow!!!!! What you are talking about is not the failure of modern architecture,
but its absence. If there were ever architects concerned with usability and
not "facade" of architecture, it was surely the Modernists.

Granted, I don't know of any examples of Modernism in Oregon. Maybe, someon
else ca help out here. But, you need to see what it is that you are talking
about. I suggest that you read anything by Moholoy Nagy, Corbusier, Chernikov
or Lissitsky. Our check out back issues of AD and Architecture d'Aujourdui.

Modernism is not to blame for the junk that gets built, its the throw-away
society that is. Most construction in the US is temporary shelter.

- ray