GENERAL: Doors of Perception Conference. Amsterdam.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Industrial Design Forum" 14-SEP-1993
08:07:37.75
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: 'Doors of Perception' Conference

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 12:59:45 BST
From: John Struthers <johns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 'Doors of Perception' Conference
Sender: Industrial Design Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Here are details of a forthcoming conference which I picked up at
the "Design Renaissance" Congress during the "Interactivity - the
fourth dimension" session chaired by John Thackara. I've requested
some further information about the conference and I'll post details
to "IDForum" when they arrive.

"DOORS OF PERCEPTION" Conference
================================
Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam 30/31 October 1993

SPEAKERS (Confirmed @ 3 September 1993) .....

NORBERT BOLZ
Professor of Media & Communication, University of Essen

WILLIAM BUXTON
Professor, University of Toronto; Head, Ontario Telepresence Project

DENISE CARUSO
Editor, Digital Media Newsletter, San Francisco

GILIAN CRAMPTON-SMITH
Professor, Computer Related Design, Royal College of Art, London.

MICHEAL HEIM
President, Technalysis, Long Beach; Author:"The Dark Side of Infomania"

KEI'ICI IRIE
Architect, Power Unit Studio, Tokyo.

TOSHIO IWAI
Interactive Media artist; Einstein TV; Tokyo

DERRICK DE KERCKHOVE
Director, The McCluhan Program in Culture & Technology, Univ. of Toronto

PATTI MAES
Professor, MediaLab, MIT

CHRISTIAN MOLLER
Interaktive Arhitektur, Frankfurt

S JOY MOUNTFORD
Manager, Human Interface Group / ATF, Apple Computer,Inc, Cupertino

BERT MULDER
Formerly Director of Communications, Veronica TV

JEET SINGH
Co-Founder, Art & Technology Group, Cambridge, Massachussets

ROBERT STEIN
President, The Voyager Company, New York

THOMAS WEST
Author:"The Mind's Eye"

Other speakers to be confirmed.

Further information from ---

John Thackara - Director
The Netherlands Design Institute
Keizersgracht 560/562
Postbus 15797
1001 NG Amsterdam

T +31 (0)20 638 11 20
F +31 (0)20 620 10 31

Name: John Struthers Product Designer
Email: johns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: South Queensferry, West Lothian, EH30 9TG, Scotland, UK
Opinions expressed are my own, and are not intended to be an official
statement by Hewlett-Packard Company