Re: Guided Design

Comments for Maurice:

(1) My thesis at Berkeley concerned a process of building on the lunar
surface after Appolo 3.
(2) We gave a problem to 2nd year students at KU in 1971-72 concerning
landing on a planet with *no* envorinmental problems.
(3) Sorry, I have not seen the problem about which you inquire, but I would
like to have you post it on design-l.
(4) Another problem at KU was a weekend shelter with *real* environmental
problems, and it was built. It was really a good and funny result. What
happened was the students researched the environmental conditions for
that time of year. They designed for them. They build shelters for little
or no $. They used them over the weekend. They were prepared for the worst
---BUT THE WEATHER WAS THE BEST IN YEARS! Pretty funny result...!
(5) Why not write your own problem, and proneer some new territory?

Howard