Re: Guided Design

I'd b very interested in having a copy of the exercise (with or without
answers) if you have it in electronic form. Worry not if you don't.

>This is the time of year that I attempt to clean out some of my
>old files. This time I came across an exercise that I used about
>10 years ago. This was taken, I think, from a really excellent
>book, long out of print and despite all my searches unavailable
>locally, *GUIDED DESIGN* by Charles E Wales (then at the University
>of West Virginia) and Robert A. Stager (then at the University of
>Western Ontario). The thinking exercisconcerned the problems
>of survival for persons who have crash landed on the moon.
>Participants have to rank in order of survival fifteen items
>that range from a box of matches to a solar powered FM
>receiver/transmitter. I have the exercise but have lost the
>answers ! Does anyone have the orignal that they could fax
>to me at 416 977 0235 (I believe that the stated copyright
>in the book allows this). Or failing that, can any one who
>may have used this exerise remember what the comments were
>regarding the *First aid kit containing a syringe*
> Regards, Maurice Barnwell
> GL250267@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

James E. Mitchell James.Mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (internet)
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs, College of Engineering
Curtis-261, Drexel University * Philadelphia PA, 19104 (215) 895-5927