Re: Top rated schools for Arch. and Civil Engineering?

Architectural Engineering and Architecture *are* different!

- - The original note follows - -

From: cbelcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: Top rated schools for Arch. and Civil Engineering?
Date: 21 Sep 93 03:37:38 CDT

--

If she is interested in _both_ fields, as in "simultaneous", she might
consider the field of Architectural Engineering. There are only about

Kansas has the advantage (and here my bias is unabashedly showing) of being
jointly administered by the School of Engineering, and by the School of
Architecture (one of the dozen or so top *public* schools of architecture in
the country).

For more information on KU ARCE, call (913) 864-3434 or fax (913) 864-5099.
For more information on Architectural Engineering in general, contact the
National Society of Architectural Engineers. I can't remember the phone
number exactly, but it is located in Lawrence, Kansas (no coincidence) and
you can get the number from directory assistance, area code 913.

Good luck!

Clay Belcher, PhD, P.E. | Sabbatical Leave Summer/Fall '93
Architectural Engineering | ENTPE - Ecole Nationale des
University of Kansas | Travaux Publics de l'Etat
Marvin Hall | Lyon, France
Lawrence, KS 66045 | 011 33 72 03 70 36 (work)
USA | 011 33 78 60 84 90 (home)
CBELCHER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx