Guided Design *THE TEST* (by request !)

At the request of several list members here is the *test*
as it appears in my files. I cannot guarantee that it
is an exact copy from the book - I seem to recall
that there is some use for the matches and the injection
needles. Maurice

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Your spaceship has crash-landed on the moon. You were scheduled to
rendezvous with a mother ship 200 miles away on the lighted surface
of the moon, but the rough landing has ruined your ship and
destroyed all the equipment on board, except for the 15 items listed below.

Your crews survival depends on reaching the mother ship, so you must
choose the most critical items available for the 200 mile trip.
Your task is to rank the 15 items in terms of their importance for
survival. Place number one by the most important and so on through
number 15, the leastimportant.

* Box of matches
* Food concentrate
* Fifty feet of nylon rope
* Parachute silk
* Solar poweed portable heating unit
* Two .45 caiber pistols
* One case of dehydrated milk
* Two 100 pound tanks of oxygen
* Stellar map of the moon's constellation
* Self-inflating life raft
* Magnetic compass
* Five gallons of water
* Signal flares
* First aid kit containing injection needles
* Solar powered FM receiver/transmitter

You and four to seven other persons should take this test individually,
without knowing each other's answers, then take the test as a group.
Share your individual solutions andeach a consensus - one ranking
for each of the 15 items that best satisfies all group members.

Have Fun :-)
exit