ARCHITECTURE: Building a Geodesic Dome.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster
Fuller's works" 21-SEP-1993 12:44:03.23
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC"
CC:
Subj: RE: Help?

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 12:30:34 -0500
From: Tyko Kihlstedt <T_KIHLSTEDT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Help?
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC <[email protected]>

As with Mr. Fearnley, I have never built a geodesic, and I also recommend
Kenner as an introduction to Bucky. I do have another suggestion, and that
is that your students start by making small-scale models out of thin wooden
dowels--maybe as individual or two-person teams projects--get together and
discuss the problems encountered in the manufacture and assembly as a
prelude to making a larger structure. Also, I bet the local library would
have one of the dome books--even though they were usually large format and
paperback, so not as sturdy as hardback editions. Good luck