Re: ART: Vietnam War Memorial. [or ARCHITECTURE?]

Have been lurking for a while now but " bk in ky's" comments about Vets
with little appreciation for art has forced me to add a comment. May I
suggest that the Vietnam Vets have the right to raise money for anything
they feel they or their country needs, be it traditional or unique. We who
were drafted into that experience and who survived to some degree are a
varied lot, like the society which sent us. I might mention that the
same society which sent us has done it's best to forget about the whole
dirty experience........but some of us can not....try as we may. I do not
think I need to say much more. However, I find myself wondering why
anyone would feel the need for flippant remarks about a lack of art
appreciation among the Vietnam Vets simply because the men felt a need for
some tie with traditional war memorials in this country.
Robert Fromme Salado Middle School / East Central I.S.D.
rfromme@xxxxxxxxx Adj. Fac. Palo Alto College / A.A.C.C.D.
S.M.S. 210-648-3310 Adj. Fac. Southwest Craft Center
Home 210-393-4176 San Antonio, TX