Re: Jury Reviews

- - The original note follows - -

From: "Elizabeth A. Stoltenberg" <es4r+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: Jury Reviews
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1993 12:49:06 -0400

I personally dread reviews of all types. I am currently a 2nd year at
Carnegie Mellon, and I very recently had a mid project review. This is
the first time I have ever had one of these and I think that it was very
helpful. I guess the main reason I don't like final reviews is that you
have to defend your work and then you get all sorts of feedback which is
basically useless to you because the project is over. A mid project
review on the other hand is very helpful. It gives the arcitect a
chance to take the feedback they got in review and actually put it to
good use. And although I hate them with a passion, I can see the
rational behind them. We, as architects are going to have to be able to
present our work in a way which is convincing to the client. So
basically this is just preparing us for what is yet to come.

-Elizabeth