CYBERCULTURE HOUSTON '93: Call for Entries

- - The original note follows - -

From: musi5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Darek Brzeski)
Newsgroups: alt.artcom
Subject: CYBERCULTURE HOUSTON '93: Call for Entries
Date: 24 Sep 1993 01:39:55 -0500

CYBERCULTURE HOUSTON 93: December 10-12
CALL FOR ENTRIES

WHAT: CyberCulture Houston 93 will be the first annual exploration
of computer art and of the social issues emerging in cyberspace.
We hope to prove to the general public that creative behavior in the
computer age is not limited to getting the best deal on the latest
desk-top or avoiding Carpal-Tunnel Syndrome. At the same time,
we hope to help this new medium gain greater acceptance and
exposure in Houston's art community and the community at large.

SCOPE: Categories of works shown will include:

1. Graphic stills projected from slides and in hard-format. The
latter format is prefered, as we have a limited number of slide
projectors. This category includes not only "traditional" art, but
also creative ray-tracing and fractal generation.
2. Computer Animation in VHS format. Preferably more artistic
than commercial.
3. Tangible works made with or from computer bodies and/or
electronic components.
4. Performance art dealing with human-computer interface.
5. Electronic Zines under 30-40K shown in hard-copy .

Also featured will be lectures and discussions on present and
possible future issues related to this technology.

WHEN: Events will take place December 10th through 12th and the
entries will be shown in the gallery for the next two weeks.

WHERE: At Commerce Street Artist's Warehouse, 2315 Commerce,
Houston Texas.

ENTRIES: Please send entries to:
Cyberculture Houston
P.O. Box 52973
Houston, TX 77052-2973

voice: 1-713-227-8917
e-mail: cyber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is an open show and there is no entry fee, but if you want your
work returned, please send return postage.