modernism - philosophy - architecture

Hello, everyone.

Just go back from NYC (and other places) to getting my thesis finished.
Desing-Lseems to have multiplied in its interest rating manifold (for me).

I have written to design-l before, stating the subject of my thesis, which is
phphenomenology.

This is very much an anti-modern stance to architecture. Phenomenology is
basically a philosophy proposed by Edmund Husserl, and cultivated by Heidegger,
Merlau Ponty and others. I am basing my work of that of Martin Heidgger's.

I am also involved in CAD stuff. I work mainly with Intergraph software. And
I enjoy 3-d modelling immensely. I find Microstation an incredible tool to
generate intriguing forms. I hope these can someday be constructed.

I am on the verge of completing my first draught for the thesis. Hopefully after
that I can interact more with design-l

virtually

ignore this T
Ashish Mukerjee amukerje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Graduate Student 504 388 6134
School of Architecture
Louisiana State University

"Poetically man dwells." Hans Holderlein.