modphilarch

Raymond

Nailing down what to communicate in this subject is proving to be difficult.

Therfore, just this.

I did not say decon was anti modern. Husserl added to his predecessors work, as
did Heidegger, and as Derrida is doing right now. But every philosopher does
reject some aspects of those before him, or show the deficiency of something
presented by them.

Modernism was for me signnifies an era of thought and work - and the language
used that expressed that era.

I have only read of decon from tertiary sources. Except, of course, Of
Grammatology.

From our era we read other eras. I use phemenology to show the lacking in
modernism.

And the debate over grounding vs. whatever is still open.

I just want to understand grounding completely before I float and decon.

More noise on the line.

Oh, by the way, I have read the Norris interview, and Benjamin and the other guy
(I forget who it was you mentioned, but I do know this) you mentioned are
authors I respect greatly.

Ashish Mukerjee amukerje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Graduate Student 504 388 6134
School of Architecture
Louisiana State University

"Poetically man dwells." Hans Holderlein.