Re: Berkeley

- - The original note follows - -

From: ingar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ingar Shu)
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: Berkeley
Date: 6 Oct 1993 12:58:28 GMT

In article <UggRWQ600UhBE7SYxF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Matthew John Bushey <mb8d+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Does anyone have any information about the rumor floating around that
>Berkeley lost its architectural accredidation? Is this true?
>Reading the lists of the "top architectural schools", I come across
>Berkeley on a lot of them. So how is it that one of the premier arch.
>schools in the country all of a sudden collapses?
>
>--Bushey

The undergraduate architecture program at Berkeley hasn't been a professional,
accredited program for a long time. It used to be, but the school wanted
students to have a broader knowledge in fields other than design, so the
course load of architectural classes was reduced, and undergrads now get a
B.A. in architecture.
--

i n g a r s h u ingar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, shu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx