Re: Multimedia in Landscape Architecture

- - The original note follows - -

From: kbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (kent barker)
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: Multimedia in Landscape Architecture
Date: 4 Nov 1993 18:06:22 GMT

dunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. (dunn) writes:

>Hi I am looking for information on multimedia software, what is
>available, costs, etc. This is in regard to using multimedia for
>Landscape Architecture, my basic question is; is it worth it.

>Thank you
>Scott Dunn
>B.E.S.
>Department of Landscape Architecture
>Faculty of Architecture
>University of Manitoba
>dunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Multimedia is another tool just like a T-Square, Drafting machine, or
a brush. It is geared more towards presentation - but it is an
effective presentation. It is especially effective if used in
conjunction with 3D imagery. I am a slight bit biased, but I always
cut myself quit frequently with X-ACTO blades. Whereas, with computer
modeling and presentation, I don't have to touch a knife. I think it
is a new tool that every should be familiar with - but beware of
misconceptions about how they work in relation to manual tools.

What we use:

AutoCAD Rel. 12
AutoDesk's 3D Studio Rel. 2 (soon to be Rel.3)
AutoDesk's Animator Pro
EDS' GDS
AT&T Topas
AT&T Rio
Freestyle

If you would like any further information - I have a file cabinate
full. Please, don't hesitate to ask.

Kent Barker
Computer Systems Manager
College of Architecture
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
kbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
|\ I don't like to commit myself about | kbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /|
| \ heaven and hell -- you see, I have | No one wants my ideas / |