Re: Architecture Schools

- - The original note follows - -

From: dmittleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Daniel Mittleman)
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: Architecture Schools
Date: 7 Nov 1993 01:53:47 GMT
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41

In article <johnCG1u8K.2tG@xxxxxxxxxx>, john@xxxxxxxxxx writes...
>joenico@xxxxxxxxxx (Michael O'Neil) writes:
>[rearranged with more CR's]
>>I am very curious to know people's opinions on architecture schools
>>for Bachelor level. I have been planning on going to Berkeley
>>for a while but with the terrible situation with public schools
>>in California I am afraid that it will not carry the prestige
>>and resources that it once did. Does anyone with a fair amount
>>of knowledge on this subject have some advice for a very
>>confused student?
>>
>>Thank you in advance,
>>Michael
>
>Yeah, sure...you could fork-over $16000 a year and get the
>same bullshit at an ivy-league institution...NOT!!!
>
>Prestige? ...oookay.
>
>Personally, I was under the impression that UCB was an
>excellent deal, _especially_ for the money, but of course,
>we all know it boils down to more than that. People complain,
>but hey...it could be A LOT worse.
>
>--
>Deathrace 2000

Is it just me, or was that a useless response to a reasonable question?

I don't know enough about Berkely to tell you whether it is good or
bad, but you might also want to look closely at U Michigan and Georgia
Tech. Both schools get some state support (I think) so may be cheaper
than Ivys, and both have excellent and prestigeous (sp?) architecture
programs.

I doubt that prestige is going to be a problem for people coming out of
Berkely in the near future, it is and will likely remain highly
regarded. IMHO