Re: architectural photography -- tools & techniques?

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: rec.photo,alt.architecture
From: dslee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Daniel Soohyun Lee)
Subject: Re: architectural photography -- tools & techniques?
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mr News)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 17:53:23 GMT

In article <CG77GH.MKp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jake Livni) writes:
>In article <CG2B80.455@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> yee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jonathan
Yee) writes:
[advice requested for architectural photography deleted to save space]
>> (iv) is a perpective-control (pc) lens also required equipment?
>
>for 35 mm and medium format, it can be very helpful. Olympus makes
>the widest, a 24 mm PC for 35 mm format.

I believe that Canon makes a line of PC lenses that also allows you to
shift (change the plane of focus). They call it TS-E and have 3 focal
lengths 24mm, 45mm and 90mm. Unfortunately they are quite a bit more
than US$1000. Also they can't auto-focus but I guess that isn't
necessary anyway (hey, where did that building go? I was going to
take a picture of it. :-)

[.sigs and stuff deleted]

Dan "Just started learning" Lee
dslee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx