Re: ARCHITECTURE: Decon...

On Wed, 1 Dec 1993 HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote;

> An important thing to remember - neither Lyotard (Post-Modern) nor Derrida
> (deconstuction) are sloppy thinkers. They don't ever propose the loosy-goosy
> popular interpretations of these ideas which seem to be floating around. I
> suggest that you read the original works!

I'm curious. If they are such clear thinkers, how come so many people seem
to get them wrong? It has always seemed to me that the clear thinkers are
are able to clarify and explain in a manner understandable even to the
simplest among us.
I mean this seriously. Should not it make us nervous when so many people
'mis-interpret' a seer? Any seer? I have no opinion whatever of the people
you mention so this applies to anyone who is purported to have some
special wisdom.

Cheers,
David