ART: Sculpture Competition. Fort Smith, Arkansas.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 7-DEC-1993
10:15:04.14
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: Info on sculpture competition

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 09:02:03 +22319819
From: Henry Rinne <hrinne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Info on sculpture competition
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Because of several recent building projects on our campus, we may have an
opportuniry to hold a national (or international) competition for a
work of sculpture to be placed outdoors in a "campus green" location.
Does anyone have suggestions, comments, resources, do's and don'ts, etc. for
holding such a competition? I am concerned especially with setting up a
jury, writing the initial specifications for the work, and publicizing
the competition. I hope to set the budget for the project somewhere
between $20K and $30K. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Henry Rinne
Westark Communtiy College
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72913