Re: Lebbeus Woods

- - The original note follows - -

From: mariusw@xxxxxxxxxx (Marius Ibenhardt Watz)
Subject: Re: Lebbeus Woods
Date: 9 Jan 1994 17:24:11 +0100

In article <gibsonf1CJCFto.Eqq@xxxxxxxxxx>, gibsonf1@xxxxxxxxxx (Frederick
Clifford Gibson) writes:
> It seems that many "designing" architects have a hard time even grappling
> with the fact that a "mayline" is no longer a technological breakthrough
> in architectural representation. There are, of course, exceptions.
>
> As soon as Matrix interfaces become user friendly/transparent, many less
> technically inclined users will show up, possibly including older
> techo-phobic architects.
>
> Fred Gibson

Ah, but the reason why I asked specifically about Lebbeus Woods
is that he is one of the better known architects who actually seems
to have an understanding of what communication technology means,
and to include computer networks as a tool for individual freedom.
His Zagreb-Free-Zone project describes freespaces and free-zones
wherein the inhabitants have access to global communications network
and broadcasting equipment.

As far as I know, he has not yet involved himself specifically in
the cyberspace discussion, but I would think it is a natural
progression of some of his schemes.

Marius