Re: Art and Architectural Subjects

- - The original note follows - -

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 11:22:25 EST
From: <CAG9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Art and Architectural Subjects

The architecture section of a good bookstore (or library) should have several
such books. One title I recall is "Painted Ladies" -- about the multicolor
Victorian houses in San Francisco. A follow-up book with a title something
like "Daughters of Painted Ladies" has photos of similar houses thruout the
country.

I've looked at a number of these books because I am trying to find good
photos of library shelves of the Victorian era. We have a 1902 brick
Victorian house, and I want to convert one room into a library -- and do
it right. I want open shelves (not glassed), of natural oak, but have had
little success in finding photos that show typical designs, molding & trim
of the era. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chuck Gaston