GENERAL: Image Sites List.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 22-JAN-1994
22:15:21.49
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: Addr: List of image sites

Date: Sat, 22 Jan 1994 22:12:18 EDT
From: [email protected]
Subject: Addr: List of image sites
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>

The following is a list of image sites that I know of so far. I'm
sure there are others abnd I'll try to update this list as I collect my
notes. This should keep a few art critters busy for a while.

Gallery Electric information can be obtained from [email protected]

Fine Art Online (Paul Brown's New letter) ftp ra.mssate.edu
pub/archives/fineart_online

FTP 402.339.0179
FTP 415.472.5527

Library of Congress FTP seql.loc.gov (140.147.3.12) /pub/vatican.exhibit
Here are some wonder jpeg files from the vatican collection. They have
jpeg viewer that you can download for either dos or mac.

Otis Project
FTP 141.314.4.135 projects/otis
FTP Sunsite.unc.edu pub/multimedia/pictures/Otis

I would rececommend exploring the directories, not only for images,
but sounds, animations, and programs. Other sites can be found through
Gopher, a menu driven way to explore the internet for visual material.

I'll try to update this list as I hear of more places and then send it to the
list occasionally to update your information.

--Andy