GENERAL: Mosaic.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 24-JAN-1994
21:37:30.74
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: RE: mosaic ...

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 21:34:59 -0500
From: Michael Maranda <mm017g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: mosaic ...
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Judy D Jacobson once might have wrote;

> I second Kenton's question on Mosaic....I know one can ftp Mosaic and
> associated software from a number of sites but I hear it is tricky to
> install and there are configuration and compatibility issues. Haven't
> tried it yet myself.
>
> My understanding is that Mosaic runs under Windows (and perhaps other
> operating system [?])...it includes viewing and audio decompression
> software so one can approximate online multimedia on the Internet. I expect
> one might need a slip connection to use it (?). It is a WWW browsing
> tool... the wave of the future for Internet but still in development, I
> gather.

It does indeed require a SLIP connection. For use with Windows, you must
also have Ethernet in your system. It apparently makes cruising the
backwaters of the net a breeze -- although one problem is that you do not
necessarily know where the information that you pick up actually rests.
--

Michael Maranda
mm017g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx