Re: 1994 AIAS Forum@Univeristy of KY. tech/computer speakers

To Bluegrass Forum 1994,

What do the people on this list think about having Jaron Lannier
(spelled correctly, I hope) come to speak? Is he really on the cutting edge,
or just a easy to identify symbol? If I am correct, he's still president of
VPL, who does a lot of VR work.
I would suggest Michael Benedikt from UT-Austin, but I wasn't too
impressed by his presentation here last semester. It did deal with VR and
architecture, but was at a very basic level ...barely an introduction,
in my opinion. He is supposed to be pretty knowledgible, though.

P.S To anyone in Architecture school : Go to forum if you get a chance. Last
semester was my first time, and I now wish I had known about it much
earlier. Were already pushing students here to go next year.

Michael Schuler
Kansas State University
College of Architecture and Design