From: dellutri@xxxxxxx (Angela Dellutri)
Subject: Career as an Architect
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 18:53:34 GMT

My 14 year old son has become very interested in designing homes. He is
going to be taking a couple of drafting and architecture courses in high
school within the next couple of years. Additionally, we have Key CAD
Complete for the Macintosh at home and he will also be able to take some
type of CAD classes in high school.

Can you please tell me are there any types of junior (grunt/gopher) work
for architecture firms that he would be able to do doing the next few
summers. Also I have heard that you only need an Associates in
Architectural Design to get a job. I really can't believe that a four yr.
degree or Masters is not needed.
I would appreciate some information on what it takes to become an
architect. Are there better colleges than others for this field??? Thanks!